Saturday, October 04, 2014

Wagaya

Two food posts in a row, I know. But food is good!
This time we hit up Wagaya - a Japanese restaurant that brought back a flood of memories from Japan's restaurant Uobei. Not to mention, upon arriving, they scream out 'Welcome!' in Japanese just like they did in Japan. Oh, the memories!


The ordering system is the same. You order from a touch screen and the food gets brought out to you, so nifty!

For starters, edamame of course.

Then the mains began to came and it was glorious.
Ramen of course! Tonkotsu & soy sauce ramen.

Then the sushi began to arrive.
Veggie handroll... (Wouldn't recommend this. It was tasty but expensive for what it was - carrots, cucumber, lettuce & a bit of avocado for almost $5...)

 This little number was tuna & garlic mayo. Tasty!

Salmon & cream cheese, HEAVY on the cream cheese but still good.

And a Japanese style spaghetti that I didn't get a bite of, but apparently is delicious.
I'm really coming around to seafood, and Wagaya has definitely kept me open-minded about how tasty it can be! I'll definitely be back to this cute little Japanese restaurant to try out more.

Wagaya:
1/78 Harbour St, Haymarket NSW 2000
(02) 9212 6068

7 comments:

  1. I love a touch screen ordering system, haha. I'm not too into Japanese food though to be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of most seafood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy! i'm a big fan of ramen , looking forward cooler days to eat it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm... yummy! I could eat edamame daily :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks incredible. i like the idea of the touch screen too.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing :) The Japanese spaghetti looks so cool! I would definitely give that a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, yum. ♥ I wish there was a way to taste things over the Internet, haha!

    ReplyDelete

- See more at: http://www.exeideas.com/2013/08/increase-image-thumbnail-size-from-72px.html#sthash.dQsASIu1.dpuf