Thursday, January 03, 2019

Ringing in the New Year in Rabat, Morocco & My Focus for 2019

I was lucky enough to have the opportunity (thank you, Universe) to have some time off work in my new job over the Christmas and New Year periods, and so of course I flew to Rabat, Morocco to visit my love and his family. It was such a beautiful, peaceful and simple time that didn't involve the manic, mayhem and consumerism that ensues around this time of year. I love this time of year, but it was interesting to experience it from another perspective. More to that, my loving second family seek enjoyment in every day, rather than once a year. They have a big feast most nights, and they come together to eat as a family most nights, without their phones and being entirely present with one another. Being happy is just a part of life, not something to pursue, but just is. New Year's wasn't a massive celebration - in fact, it wasn't a celebration at all, but in the same, it was full of laughter, love and good food. I felt so at peace. 

Of course, I am still me and as per every year, the 31st December is a time of reflection of the past year and how I have grown, or observing what I have learned. I wrote down with pure inspiration and no thought (watching the sunset on the terrace of his home, by the water. Blessings.) what I found to be most important to me in my life, and this will be purely my focus in 2019. It has already been my focus in these past few months while I've been building my new life in London, but seeing it written down from pure emotion makes me realise I'm trekking along faster than I thought that I was.

Happy 2019!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

- See more at: http://www.exeideas.com/2013/08/increase-image-thumbnail-size-from-72px.html#sthash.dQsASIu1.dpuf